1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Nelia B., born in 1933, says: “They also brought an old woman named Pesia. She slapped the German in the face, so he shot her three times into the ditch.” (Testimony n°1650, interviewed in Dubrivka on April 29, 2013)
Dubrivka is located on the banks of the Smolka river, 97km west of Zhytomyr. The first records of the village date back to 1585. The first Jews might have settled down in the village in the middle of the 19th century. Many Jews were involved in the porcelain industry which had developed during the second half of the 18th century. Other Jews lived off small trade and handcraftsmanship. In 1929, at beginning of collectivization, a kolkhoz, named after Lenin, was created. In 1931 there were already four kolkhozes in the village. The village was occupied on July 13, 1941.
For one month after the Germans arrival the Jews continued to live in their homes. In August, they were all rounded up, most likely by local police and Germans, and taken to the river where a pit had already been dug. Then, according to the accounts by local eyewitness, they were taken in groups of twos and placed at the edge of the pit. 46 Jews were murdered using this method. In all, the Germans shot 50 villagers of Jewish heritage, of which 16 were children. The youth were forcibly removed to perform hard labor.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17