2 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Myriam Filipovna G. evokes: "The first time, the Germans stayed in Rostov for eight days. They published announcements concerning the Jews and the communists; they had to gather at a special place. The first ones to get there were shot, and those who chose to go there on the last day were saved, because the Germans had already been driven back by the Red Army." (Witness N°200, interviwed in Rostov on Don, on September 29, 2011).
Rostov-on-Don is the regional center of the region. In 1939, there were 27,038 Jews in the town.
The town was occupied first on November 21, 1941 and released one week later. The second occupation began on July 24, 1942. All the Jews were immediately registered. On August 11, 1942, the Jewish population was gathered and taken in trucks or on foot to the village of Zmievka. They were shot in 13 graves by Germans assisted by the local police and a part of the Jews were killed in a gas van. The children were poisoned with a yellow liquid by the Doctor Hertz, chief of the Sonderkommando 10a. Another shooting was perpetrated near the garden in four graves.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17