1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
“On September 12, 1941, a German mobile squad entered our village and rounded-up 97 local residents and escorted them to the forest of Karmchenka. Once in the forest, the German barbarians forced them to dig the pits, and then, they shot 97 people and buried them in these pits”. [Act n°82, drawn up on December 4, 1944 by the State Extraordinary Commission;RG.22.002M. Fond 7021, Opis 88, Delo 44]
Zaverezhye is located about 25km west of Mogilev. It was founded in 1835 as a Jewish agricultural colony. In 1898 there were 259 Jews in the village. The Jews lived on agriculture and handcraft. In 1930s the Jews of Zaverezhye worked in kolkhoz “Komintern”. There was a Jewish cemetery, a synagogue, a post office and a shop. On the eve of the war, 130 Jews lived here. The Germans occupied the region in late June or early July, 1941.
Unfortunately, during the research mission Yahad couldn’t find any local witness in the village that would complete the information from the archives. Supposedly, the Jews weren’t registered and there was no ghetto. They could continue living in their homes until September 12, 1941 when they were killed in the Karmchenko forest by the German punitive detachment. 97 Jews were killed on this day.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a firstname.lastname@example.org
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17